Oct 20, 2011
Bossy’s New Sometimes Job
Many of you have been writing to Bossy, wondering what kind of things Bossy is doing at her new sometimes job. That’s a coincidence because Bossy is wondering what kind of things she’s doing at her sometimes job too!
The first thing Bossy does is curse. A lot. And when Bossy curses, she curses in the general direction of her work computer, since it’s a PC and not the Mac she’s accustomed to.
Working on a PC when one is accustomed to a Mac is like working with your dominant hand tied to your arse, especially if the one we’re referring to is Bossy.
The next thing Bossy does at work is try to get used to all of the new application interfaces.
For instance, Bossy wrestles the alligator that is Outlook:
Outlook isn’t just an email program, it’s a personal information manager. This is problem number one. Problem number two is the layout of the pages compared to Bossy’s beloved Gmail and iCal:
And what’s Bossy doing on Outlook in the first place? Bossy’s so glad you asked even though you didn’t! Bossy is on Outlook because she is scheduling meetings.
And no, Bossy doesn’t just schedule meetings! She also schedules phone calls!
Other work tasks include but are not limited to:
- Looking up work phrases such as include and not limited to to make sure she’s using them correctly
- Asking her coworker how to use the scanner
- Asking her coworker how to use the copy machine
- Asking her coworker what the password is for Wifi
- Asking her coworker how to use the coffee maker
- Asking her coworker for contact information
- Asking her coworker for more contact information
- Asking her coworker to warn Bossy right before she propels Bossy from the 8th floor window
What do you do at work, Bossy’s esteemed council?