Nov 4, 2012
Daylight Saving Time
Before Bossy begins, she’d like someone to explain why it’s called Daylight Saving Time when Bossy’s commute home from work is now dark?
Next Bossy would like to address this business of Daylight Saving Time versus Daylight Savings Time. According to Bossy’s close and personal friend the Internet, Daylight Saving Time is the term used to describe clock adjustment for the purpose of controlling productivity, while Daylight Savings Time is the term used by people who like to add S to phrases unnecessarily.
Which leads Bossy to her exciting list of all the ways she intends to use the extra time afforded her today when the clock rolled back one hour:
- Bossy is going to put her boots on the ground to help with Hurricane Sandy recovery in both New Jersey and New York
- But first Bossy has to return those boots to Nordstrom
- Bossy is going to write more lyrics for her very exciting new venture, The Weather Channel The Musical. Here’s what Bossy has so far:
I am standing in the rain
Just feet from the abyss
I cannot read the real news
And so I’m doing this
It seems I cannot hear you
My hat blew off, I know
Someday I’ll have a real job
Inside the studio
- Bossy is going to scrub her baseboards, which the elders in Bossy’s family referred to as “the paints”
- Bossy is going to charter a plane to Racine Wisconsin in order to canvas for Barack O’Boyfriend. Why Racine?
- Because Wisconsin is a highly contested state in the upcoming Presidential election
- Because Wisconsin has ten electoral votes
- Because Paul Ryan is a U.S. Representative for Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District and it would be awesome if he lost his own state
- Because the Republicans are outspending the Democrats 3-1 in these final campaign days and flooding the airwaves with their misrepresentation of Obama’s record and platform
- And because Bossy’s friend Ronny is canvassing in Racine
Which leads Bossy to her exciting list of all the ways she will actually use the extra time afforded her today when the clock rolled back one hour:
Bossy is posting every day in November. Here’s what you missed so far!